While you’re juggling to manage the processes and deadlines on your corporate business platter with employees and customers at the centre point, the area of Employee Transport becomes an operation on the side to manage in a black box. But what doesn’t reflect from this tip of the iceberg are the inefficiencies beneath it breaking the very core of the transport system. The results would be evident if looked closely from the perspective of intangible and unpleasant elements in day to day life of the employee, driver and supervisor. The basics of having a service of corporate transport is the new of yesterday and old of tomorrow. With advent of technology today, convenience is packaged and delivered to people in every facet of life. Following this line of thought, corporate transport if not done right can become more expensive and daunting than ever to impact employee productivity and satisfaction. The failure to address this process that doesn’t require uprooting your existing systems or talent should be the first priority. Let’s see what exactly makes the stakeholders in this game go frantic:
- Longer duration of travel time – While you’re trying to bring down the cost and boost employee productivity with your transport system, the lack of optimization in the route is leading to longer travel duration for employees consequently becoming detrimental to your end goal of employee productivity.
- Manual rostering and routing – If you have multiple employee shifts with last minute changes akin to a BPO and rostering is handled manually, you can expect a lot of issues right from the start. The issues range from manual errors, constant communication with drivers for change updates, employee overtime, employee dissatisfaction to cost escalations with ad hoc requests.
- Optimal utilization of vehicle capacity – is big concern for every corporate to ensure the transport overheads are kept low. However, it is a very challenging task to identify the idle capacity and ensure optimum utilization of vehicles deployed as tons of variables come into play that can be comprehensively and successfully planned by human effort.
- No guarantee of Safety – While conventional transport systems come with a GPRS device in the vehicle that may provide a view of vehicle location. Nevertheless, how do we empower the employee to have a direct communication with either transport desk or family contact in case of distress or emergency. The traditional way will ensure only one way monitoring and doesn’t allow to lend an ear to the employee.
- Waiting for the cab and no real time ETA – Issues like waiting for the cab arrival, status of the cabs and issues with future booking is not only detrimental to employee’s time but leaves an unpleasant impression and expectation in regards with commute all together. In addition to this, the status updates if not weaved in the system makes way for a rough experience and uncertainty.
- Operational issues at Supervisor’s end – The supervisor in concern needs real time updates and a dashboard view in order to do full justice to the title “Supervisor”. Corporates have the ability to adopt technology and enhance the productivity of the supervisors by having their focus on handling exceptions to improve rider safety, satisfaction, cost reduction and achieve overall efficiency.
- Longer billing cycles - Missing trip sheets, incorrect dates or rider information, verifications etc. cause unnecessary delays resulting in billing cycles of 2-3 months.
- More Paper trip sheets and man hours leading to more costs - Anything mundane and similar on scale with no automation breeds more room for errors. In addition to this, imagine the unnecessary cost spent on paper trip sheets with large number of employees. Based on KPMG in India’s analysis in 2016, a company providing door pick-up and drop-to approximately 2000 employees, can save about 1 million trip sheets (utilised to authenticate proof of trip) per annum and benefit from a reduction of up to 40-60 per cent in manual effort (depending on the commercial model). At times, the ROI is recovered to a greater extent by such savings.
How you can get more for less?
What must be evident by now is the need of technology to set the whole system in place and make it self- sustainable. But how can you integrate the same in your system seamlessly and save on your costs. GoJentha’s People Transport solutions built on single integrated platform delivers exactly what is needed to ease out the inefficiencies and provide a richer commute experience to your employees while easing out load on your transport overheads with zero Capex owing to its SaaS based subscription model. GoJentha Transport addresses following aspects in the most optimized manner owing to their deep understanding of this industry:
- Control Tower view – Get full view of each and every active trip or idle vehicle in real time that gives better control and performance based analytics for both employers and transport providers. Handle exceptions well by responding than reacting. Besides, irrespective of number of transport providers, all can be seen under one single window across the organization.
- Route Optimization – Ensure optimum vehicle utilization and eliminate idle capacity in real time. Build hundreds of routes based on your KPIs or constraints such as max seat or vehicle utilization, or less mileage or less travel time or high priority for high rated cabs etc., while keeping female employee safety as top priority.
- Automated Roster – With automated rostering, irrespective of the organization scale, operational efficiency is achieved to the highest ensuring a cab is available for each and every trip without a miss throughout the year. Accommodate last minute change requests with ease and ensure accurate charge capture.
- Visibility & Tracking – GoJentha Transport provides Uber like experience with real time ETAs to employees reducing their wait times. Real time dashboard view of every activity is provided to the supervisor adding a whole new meaning to visibility and thus allowing supervisor to put his time in streamlining the process rather than taking calls for manual errors.
- Operational Efficiency – GoJentha provides App for both rider and supervisor allowing for real time communication for ongoing or future trips. Driver app is made very simple to ensure faster adaptation. The rider app allows employees to manage their roaster, view past history, or contact transport desk to report or resolve issues.
- Safety and comfort – Ability to communicate emergency situations via the mobile provides additional safety layer. Gojentha’s feature of Geo-fence capture and OTP / Electronic signature based timestamp ensures boarding of right employee. Besides, the constant feedback and rating system of drivers enables the transport providers to keep a check on their drivers forcing them to keep high rated drivers on the jobs. This also aids in ensuring a smooth rider’s experience.
- Automated billing and no trip sheets – Automated billing allows you to save on unnecessary costs by eliminating paper work and faster processing due to elimination of manual errors. Billing can be apportioned to the individual trip level if required, for the corporates to analyse transport costs in detail
- Dash boards and analytics – Dashboard view gives supervisor the “go to action” insights with quick follow-ups, real time reports and high visibility. The highly configurable reports will ensure performance to contractual SLAs.
Want to have a look at how all of this works together, Request a demo today and find out.